It is well known that pet urine can cause severe damage to your carpet that can require extensive restoration work to repair. Pet urine that is deposited on carpet penetrates deep into the fibers, backing, and sometimes even the flooring underneath. Once the urine dries, crystals are left behind that can’t be removed with basic cleaning.
Oftentimes, pets tend to urinate repeatedly in the same spot or the same general area, so these odors may be permeating from your cement or wood flooring, tack strip, and even the framework of the house behind walls.
The good news is that there’s a revolutionary new treatment that can be applied to your carpet every few months that can help remove pet urine and odor before it becomes a permanent problem in your home or a costly expense to try and fix.
Chem-Dry’s Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®)
Even the most severely damaged carpets can be saved with Chem-Dry’s P.U.R.T.® Pet Urine Removal Treatment. This product has been developed and specially formulated to break down pet urine odor at the source, rather than temporarily masking it like other methods.
We recently commissioned an independent air quality laboratory to test the effectiveness of our P.U.R.T.® method at removing pet odor and bacteria from carpet. Check out the results:
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment is 99.9% effective on average at eliminating pet urine odors.
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment removes an average of 99.2% of the bacteria from the pet urine stains in the carpets.
How P.U.R.T.® Actually Works to Remove Pet Odor and Bacteria
1. The technician from Acme Chem-Dry will conduct a thorough inspection of your flooring and specific areas of concern. This helps us identify the source and severity of the pet odor.
2. We then rinse the carpet and use hot water to extract a large amount of the urine crystals.
3. In some cases if necessary, the carpet is pulled back in suspected problem areas so reveal the extent of the damage.
4. Padding will be removed and replaced, only if necessary.
5. An odor blocking shellac is applied to the sub-floor if needed.
6. P.U.R.T.® is applied generously to the sub-floor, tack strip, carpet backing, and baseboards. We’re sure to apply enough product to drench all of the areas affected by pet urine.
7. The P.U.R.T.® ingredients work over the next 24-36 hours to react with any remaining urine and break down odor causing components.
Ready to get contact us to started? Request an appointment today with Acme Chem-Dry to solve your pet urine odor problems!