Acme Chem-Dry, part of the world’s largest carpet and upholstery cleaning company, offers the absolute best services in leather furniture cleaning and maintenance in Fresno and the surrounding areas. As you use your leather furniture, over time you’ll see that more body oils, sweat, and skin acids will work into the materials, leaving a less natural and dirtier look. There are some cleaning products on the market that could potentially break down your leather rather than deep clean it, ruining your finish and drying out or cracking the furniture. You can count on all our leather products to be safe and effective at protecting and cleaning the leather furniture in your Fresno home. We’ve had over 300 tanneries and leather furniture manufacturers endorse our leather cleaning products. With regular cleaning and protecting by a Chem-Dry Certified Leather Specialist, you can prevent undue wear on your leather furniture and keep it looking great for time to come.
What Leather Can We Clean?
Leather properly maintained will last four or five times longer than fabric or man-made fibers, but improperly cleaned leather will degrade faster. It’s important o select a cleaner who know how to properly care for your specific type of leather. Chem-Dry’s Certified Leather Specialists have been thoroughly trained in how to properly identify and care for your type of leather. Some of the types of leather that we can clean include:
Aniline – Also known as Natural, Pure, Naked and Unprotected leather.
Protected – Also known as finished Semi-Aniline, Everyday, Pigmented and Painted leather.
Nubuck – Also known as Chaps, Distressed, Bomber and Suede leather.
After properly identifying the leather type, can Clean, Protect and Repair (if needed) your leather furniture with specialty treatments to keep it looking great.
“They were professional and the only company out of 5 that we called that could do the job. We have a very large leather sectional with pullout bed that our dog used as a toilet. Luckily they were able to help us and clean the couch making it smell and look brand new. I would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for a professional cleaner! Thank you again!”Jasmine I.
How Do I Know When It’s Time to Clean My Leather?
One of the advantages of leather furniture is that is easy to wipe up small spills and other messes. Thus, it may seem like your leather furniture never gets dirty and never needs a deep clean. However, here are the most common causes of dirt, wear, and tear on leather furniture. If you notice any of these, it’s time to get your leather furniture cleaned.
- Oils & Grease – Body oils from both humans and animals attach and hold onto leather. Hair and hand oils are easily transferred to the head cushions and arm rests of the furniture and can cause serious damage to the protective finishes found on leather.
- Atmospheric Oils – Think about the small build-up of dust you notice on your coffee table about a week after you last cleaned it. This same build-up and dust is also being deposited on your leather. In addition to this dust, you add airborne cooking oils and atmospheric pollution that is present, to some degree, in every home.
- Common Soils – These soils include the common dirt tracked in from outside along with sand and fibers from plants. The fibers are brought in the home by adults, kids, and pets on clothing, shoes, fur, and paws.
- Dyes and Inks – The inks from newsprint in newspapers can readily be deposited on leather. Clothes such as denims can transfer dye onto leather in a process called dye transfer. The direct ink from a leaky pen or the aspiring toddler artist is another potential source of ink or paint.
- Scuffs, Scratches, Cuts and Fading – Leather furniture is prone to being nicked or scratched by sharp objects, including pet claws. It is also known to fade over time.
Over the life of your furniture, you are bound to experience some of the common problems associated with leather furniture. Our Chem-Dry Certified Technicians are trained to address these problems and restore your leather to a beautiful appearance.
How Often Should I Clean My Leather?
A regular cleaning schedule including professional cleaning 2 times a year is recommended for leather furniture in order to keep it in top condition.
In between professional cleanings you can maintain the health and beauty of your leather furniture by cleaning with Chem-Dry Soft Cleaner and rejuvenating the protection with Chem-Dry Protection Cream. Both products are found in the Chem-Dry Home Leather Care Kit. Ask your leather technician to learn more during your next leather furniture cleaning.
Leather Furniture Restoration
Sometimes a good cleaning just isn’t enough for leather. Older leather is known to crack. Your leather is also prone to scratches and scrapes that will damage the original color. If your leather has discolored in any way, Acme Chem-Dry can restore it. Our Chem-Dry Certified Technicians are well-trained to address just these problems in all types of leather. We take time to inspect your leather furniture to determine the exact color and then apply special pigmentation that matches perfectly with your furniture’s original tan.
CALL FOR A FREE PRICE ESTIMATE!
We provide industry-leading residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, area rug & tile cleaning services throughout Tulare County: Visalia, Porterville, Tulare & Fresno County: Fresno, Clovis, and the surrounding areas.