HOME HEALTH STUDY
Acme Chem-Dry Removes Allergens & Bacteria From Your Home
In late 2014, we commissioned a leading independent air quality laboratory to conduct a study for us, with the goal of quantifying the healthfulness of our innovative Hot Carbonated Extraction (HCE) carpet and upholstery cleaning method. We tested not only allergen and bacteria removal in our carpet cleaning, but also our upholstery cleaning, our Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®), tile, stone & grout cleaning, and granite countertop renewal. This study used a cross-section of various consumer homes throughout both the US and the rest of the world. Both our Hot Carbonating Extraction and a pre-spray treatment were used.
We were pleased to see that our process yielded superior results through these studies, confirming that Acme Chem-Dry is the best choice for healthy home cleaning services in Fresno, Clovis, and Tulare County California. Here are the results from the final report:
Carpet & Upholstery
We remove an average of 98.1% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery (combined). The common household allergens we tested were cat dander, dog dander, and dust mite allergens. This broke down further into the respective service lines as follows:
- We remove an average of 97.4% of allergens from carpets.
- We remove an average of 99.1% of allergens from upholstery.
- We remove an average of 89.0% of airborne bacteria in the home, significantly improving indoor air quality. This test incorporated the addition of a sanitizer to the cleaning process.
Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.®)
This test showed that our process yields significant results against the most common odor sources from cat and dog urine:
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment is 99.9% effective on average at eliminating pet urine odors.
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment removes an average of 99.2% of the bacteria from the pet urine stains in the carpets. The independent lab tested our HCE process along with a sanitizer (Milgo Plus) and P.U.R.T.® III against bacteria in pet urine stains in carpets.
Tile, Stone & Grout
The independent lab tested our Tile, Stone & Grout Cleaning Process along with a sanitizer (using Milgo Plus in some tests and Benefect Decon 30 in others) on tile surfaces.
- Our Tile, Stone & Grout cleaning process along with a sanitizer removed an average of 98.6% of the bacteria from the tile surfaces.
Granite Countertop Renewal
The independent lab tested our Granite Countertop Renewal Cleaning Process along with a sanitizer (using Milgo Plus in some tests and Benefect Decon 30 in others) on granite countertops.
- Our Granite Countertop Renewal cleaning process along with a sanitizer removed an average of 98.4% of the bacteria from the granite countertop surfaces.
- 1 in 5 Americans suffer from allergies and asthma (AAFA)
- Allergy is the 5th leading chronic disease in the U.S. (AAFA)
- Approximately 40 million Americans have indoor/outdoor allergies as their primary allergy (AAFA)
- The most common indoor/outdoor allergy triggers are: pet dander; dust mite allergen; tree, grass and weed pollen; and mold spores (AAFA)
- 25 million Americans have asthma (AAFA)
- 44,000 people have an asthma attack every day in America (AAFA)
- Indoor pollution in U.S. homes exceeds the levels of outdoor pollution by two to 100 times, depending on factors such as whether the residents smoke (Web MD)
- Eight out of 10 people in the United States are exposed to house dust mites, and six out of 10 are exposed to cat or dog dander. Controlling the air quality in your home, office and car can reduce allergy and asthma symptoms (AAFA)
- Each year, allergies account for more than 17 million outpatient office visits, primarily in the spring and fall; seasonal allergies account for more than half of all allergy visits (AAFA)
- About 20 million Americans have a dust mite allergy (AAFA)
- Over 100,000 dust mites can be found in 10 square feet of carpeting (NCBI)
- A typical used mattress can house 100,000 to 10 million dust mites (CDC)
- 2,000 dust mites can live on one ounce of carpet dust (Chem-Dry)
- Approximately 10 million people are allergic to cat dander, the most common pet allergy (AAFA)
- The “dander,” or skin shedding of an animal, is more potent in causing allergic reactions than the animal’s fur or hair (MedicineNet)
- Carpets harbor about 200,000 bacteria on every square inch (Chem-Dry)
- A carpet can hold eight times its weight in toxin-filled dirt and dust (Chem-Dry)
- A carpet can hide as much as one pound of dirt per square yard (Chem-Dry)
- The carpet in your home could be seven times dirtier than a city street (Chem-Dry)
*Based on results from a study conducted by an independent laboratory using Chem-Dry’s Hot Carbonating Extraction process. Allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergen. Airborne bacteria results includes use of sanitizer. Figures are an average across multiple homes.
CALL FOR A FREE PRICE ESTIMATE!
We provide industry-leading residential and commercial carpet, upholstery, area rug & tile cleaning services throughout Tulare County: Visalia, Porterville, Tulare & Fresno County: Fresno, Clovis, and the surrounding areas.