Here at Acme Chem-Dry we want to help you have a healthier home, which is why today we’re sharing these 6 home cleaning tips!
1. Regularly wipe down countertops. Countertops collect large amounts of dirt, dust, bacteria, and allergens. As the place where food is prepared, it’s especially important that you keep your countertops clean. For granite or tile countertops, use a mild cleaner that also refreshes the sealer. The sealer will ware off over time, and it’s important that you keep the sealer strong and effective in order to prevent bacteria from entering the stone.
2. Keep carpets and rugs clean. Carpets and rugs are drastically cleaner when vacuumed at least weekly. The best type of vacuum to use is one with a HEPA filter, or a microfiltration system. Although vacuuming is irreplaceable, it isn’t enough. Vacuuming picks up dirt and dust on the surface, but only professional carpet cleaners can remove the bacteria, allergens, pet dander and urine that are trapped deep down in the carpet’s fibers. The EPA suggests having your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year, or 2-3 times per year for homes with kids/pets. Although your carpets may look clean after vacuuming, these toxins can cause health problems and allergy symptoms. Acme Chem-Dry’s carpet cleaning services can effectively remove pet urine stains and odor, as well as 98% of allergens.
3. Clean upholstered furniture. We usually remember to vacuum, but forget about our upholstered furniture. Similar to your carpet, upholstered items such as couches, chairs, and sofas are great at trapping dust, dirt, and allergens. You should vacuum your upholstered furniture regularly, just like you do your couches. And don’t forget about professional upholstery cleaning!
4. Sanitize high touch points around the house. Popular “hot spots” include door knobs, faucets, toilet handles, and light switches. Take a few minutes each day to sanitize those areas, particularly before and after guests come into the home. This can go a long way toward minimizing the spread of germs. More preventive approaches to minimizing the spread of germs include being vigilant about washing your hands regularly throughout the day.
5. Use door mats or area rugs in entry ways and high-traffic areas. In order to prevent dirt from outside entering your home, put door mats and area rugs near the entrance of your home. They will effectively trap dirt and unwanted particles in one place so they can easily be cleaned before they reach reach deeper into your home.
6. Check and replace your heating and air conditioning filters. While furnaces are crucial to keeping homes warm in the colder months, it’s important to regularly change the furnace air filter to prevent dirt, dust and other unhealthy particles from being spewed around the house. To remind yourself when it’s time to change the filter, write the date that you’re performing the replacement on the outer edge of the new filter that you’re installing to make it simple to know when your next one is due.
With these 6 home cleaning tips, you are sure to have a cleaner, healthier, and happier home. For any of your professional cleaning needs in Fresno and Tulare Counties, give the experts at Acme Chem-Dry a call today!