If you’re like most people, you probably have a consistent cleaning schedule that stays the same from week-to-week. You probably do the basic cleaning tasks such as sweeping the floors and wiping the counters, but you are forgetting many areas without even knowing it, including these 10 areas that rarely get cleaned:
1. Trash Can
- Not surprisingly, the trash can can be full of germs. It’s not a very desirable cleaning job, but don’t let the nastiness scare you from doing this important cleaning job!
2. Cell Phone
- With how much you use/touch your cell phone, it makes sense that it is one of the dirties things in your home. They are so dirty, in fact, the average phone contains more germs per square inch than a public toilet seat! And you hold your phone up to your face! Studies have proven that about 16% of cell phones have E. Coli bacteria on them. Take a few minutes to clean your phone occasionally.
- Many people don’t know how often to clean their carpets, and mistakenly go years without having them cleaned.
- To keep carpet looking and feeling its best, carpets should be vacuumed at least twice a week.
- Most carpets experts agree that you should have your carpets cleaned once a year. However, if you have kids and/or pets, you are better off having your carpets cleaned twice a year.
- Call Acme Chem-Dry for any carpet cleaning needs or questions.
4. Shower Curtain
- You’ve seen what happens when the shower curtain doesn’t get cleaned – gross mold and mildew start growing near the bottom of the curtain (and anywhere that the curtain folds on itself). It isn’t difficult to clean – just toss it in the washing machine once every 1-2 months.
5. Air Vents
- Your air vents are full of dust and who-knows-what. To keep all those dust particles from being blown around the house, it’d be a good idea to give your air vents a good cleaning.
6. Door Knobs
- Anything that is frequently touched, is a hot-spot for germs. Bacteria can live on metal doorknobs for 8 hours. A weekly wipe-down of door knobs will go a long way in preventing the spreading of germs.
7. Ice Tray
- You probably rarely clean the ice trays, because they are only touching water, right? You should still toss them in the dishwasher at least once a month. If you use silicone trays, soak them in warm water and vinegar.
8. Vacuum Filter
- People usually empty out the vacuum collector but completely forget about the vacuum filter! These filters collect very high amounts of dirt, which if left untouched, cause the vacuum to become ineffective.
9. Microwave touchpad
- The touchpad is coated in grease and oil from the meals you eat everyday. Gross! Don’t forget to clean it!
- This often requires only a simple wipe down if you stay on top of it. The problem? Most people don’t clean their tile very often resulting in discoloration and grime that takes a lot of scrubbing and product. If the tile really needs a good shine, it’s a safe bet to call the professionals at Acme Chem-Dry.
Acme Chem-Dry is committed to helping people have cleaner, healthier, and happier homes in Tulare County. To learn more about the superior cleaning services we offer, visit our website or give us a call today!